Help with Picture Gallery
August 16, 2013 by Don Gentle
If you have come to this page you are obviously having trouble viewing our summer picture galleries. Below are some quick fixes that may solve your problems.
- First and foremost, you need to have a password to see a lot of the alumni and summer gallery pictures. Give us a call and we can help you out.
- I have Internet Explorer and I cannot see any pictures. Make sure you have at least Internet Explorer 9 installed.
- I am using a PC and I cannot see any pictures. Make sure you have the latest version of Adobe Flash installed.
- I only have the blue denim screen. Be sure that you took care of 2 and 3 above. If you have done those two things or you are running iOS (Mac), and still have only the blue denim, make sure that you have cookies enabled. Fix that and then back out and log in again.
- I have Internet Explorer and I only have the blue denim screen. Compatibility View: IE has a setup for view old sites and it has an effect on new sites. Try turning of Compatibility View. From the menu bar at the top, choose “Tools” Look down the list for compatibility view. Make sure it is NOT checked. Then reload the page. Sometimes you have to back out, and go back a page or two to get it to display again. Alternately, you can make sure that highrocks.com is not viewed in compatibility view by going into “compatibility view settings” This is the next item down on the Tools list.
- I am using an Apple or Mac and I cannot see Pictures. For iOS users, be sure the Quick Time is up to date.
Other Helpful Tips
- Once you get to the gallery page, scroll down until you see the bottom of the slideshow window. Click on the last icon on the right, it will allow the slideshow to expand into the whole window. Use this option for desktops and standard laptops.
- For tablets, phone devices, and other screen enabled devices, tap the middle of the slideshow once to enlarge it. This will also give you navigation options. Typical swipe navigation will work as well.
- The slide show has a self-play option, but you can advance through as fast you wish by using the navigation or swipe options.
- Don’t forget! If you want streamlined access to the blog on your mobile device, download the High Rocks App from iTunes or Google Play. Once you install the app, just click the “High Rocks News” icon to get to the blog page, and then click on the picture link.
- If you have any problems getting the picture gallery to work, please e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org . There has been a few issues with older internet explorer versions. If you have not tried it, I highly recommend the Google Chrome browser for both Mac, Tablet, and PC users.